Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Long time, no blog!

It's been a while since my last blog! My left hand was out of commission for a little while.  Typing was not fun to do with just one hand!  So, here's what's been going on in my world:

~Had the cyst removed, my hand is pretty much back to normal.  I can use it which is helpful!


Charis wrote me this sweet, sweet letter the day I got my cyst removed.  I will type it out exactly how she wrote it (she asked me how to spell certain words and I didn't know what she was doing.  I thought she was just writing random words down; I was pleasantly surprised by what I read):

God is with you.  You dode nede to be afraid.  God was with you your whole life.  I no that your hand hrts.
Love Charis 
I M 6

Is that just precious!!  I wanted to blog about this as soon as I read it, but the thought of taking the time to do that made my hand hurt more!

~I had to rely on Charis more for help for things.  In doing so, I realized that she is much more capable of doing things than I gave her credit for.  For example, she did a great job helping with putting the dishes away from the dishwasher and putting lotion on my right arm.  She is a great helper which means she'll be a great helper when our adopted son joins us.


~Home study has been APPROVED!!!  We are now in the process of begging for money applying for grants.

~We have to travel to Ethiopia twice - this got changed back to traveling just once and then back again - who     know's it may change again!

~I have registered for a 5K which is coming up on Sunday!  I am super excited about this.  I have been running consistently since registering for it and have been able to get up to 3 miles.  I NEVER thought I'd be able to run let alone register for a 5K and be excited about it.  I feel amazing after running, I have so much energy.  Running is very addicting.  It's definitely hard WHILE doing it, but it's so worth it.  I lost 4 pounds -  WHAT, SERIOUSLY!?  I wasn't running to lose weight, but hey, I'll accept that. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment