Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Thoughts, Pondering, Rambling

I am in a dilemma, not a serious one, just need to figure something out.  Before Charis was born, I was really big into scrap booking and loved it.  I eventually lost interest and haven't done it in a long time.  The last time I scrap booked was last Christmas when our whole family (siblings, husbands and kids) were together.  We all worked on our own page for a scrap book for our parents.  I really enjoyed doing it again.  My dilemma is I have not done a scrap book for Charis, haven't even started one and she is now 6 years old now!  When she was born, we took pictures with our camera phone--not a good camera at all! I've been thinking about doing a scrap book for the child we adopt.  I want to put a book together for him/her to catalog our journey to adopt and to incorporate as much of their country and heritage as possible in the book.  I definitely want to have a scrap book for both kids, not just one.  It's overwhelming to think about.  I have a scrap booking kit (7 years old, but I have one!).  I would have to purchase an album, stickers, paper, etc. What to do...when to start...any suggestions??

4 comments:

  1. I have the exact opposite problem. I scrap booked abbey's life like you wouldn't believe and then Gavin came along...
    Maybe we can get together and have our won little scrap booking party. I have a bunch of stuff too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like that idea, we need to figure out a time to get together! Thanks, Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like digital scrapbooking. Well, I really like the idea of it - I've only done one page so far. Check out www.howfasttimeflies.com The pages are rather expensive, but you can fit lots of great stuff onto one page and you don't need to purchase any other supplies except an album. They have 20-25% off sales all the time, and it saves a lot on shipping if you order several pages at once. The one page I made for Brian for Father's Day last year came out beautifully - I can't wait to make more! (that sounded much more like a commercial than I meant it to!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could just save all your photos digitally. Then make a photo book through Snapfish or Shutterfly. I think those turn out just as good as a scrapbook. They are easier and cheaper. That is my plans...one day...it is on the list. Ha! HA!

    ReplyDelete